How fast is your mobile website?
Are mobile web page load times really important? There are a number of reasons why having a fast mobile version of your website is essential to help match expectations from site visitors. Just consider these quick stats for a moment from this infographic from bit rebels and strangeloop.
What are mobile users doing online?
- There are 490 million mobile users worldwide in 2014 either making payments or shopping online.
- 4 out of 5 US smartphone owners use their mobile for shopping.
- 74% of smartphone users say they will leave a mobile page after 5 seconds or less.
- That the average mobile site takes 9.86 seconds.
- 32% of mobile site visitors decide to view the full site rather than the mobile one.
The mobile-only audience is growing
- By 2015 numbers are expected to reach 788 million.
The growth of mobile commerce
- Expected to be worth $31 billion by 2016.